Panic Disorder Basics
By Katharina Star, About.com Guide
- What is Panic Disorder?
- Symptoms of Panic Disorder
- Causes of Panic Disorder
- Diagnosing Panic Disorder
- Co-occurring Conditions
What is Panic Disorder?
When it comes to managing panic symptoms and avoiding the many difficulties associated with panic disorder and agoraphobia, knowledge is power. Understanding the basics of these anxiety disorders can impact your treatment and recovery.
- Top 10 FAQs About Panic Disorder
- Panic Attack Basics
- Agoraphobia 101
- Panic Disorder Risk Factors
- What Are Anxiety Disorders?
- What is Panic Disorder With Agoraphobia?
- Telling Others About Your Panic Disorder
- Ways Panic Disorder Impact a Person's Life
- Myths About Panic Disorder
Symptoms of Panic Disorder
The symptoms of panic disorder can include psychological and physical complaints. Some of these symptoms can mimic other disorders, making it hard to tell if what you’re experiencing is related to panic disorder or not.
- The Symptoms of Panic Disorder
- Physical Symptoms of Panic and Anxiety
- Chest Pain Symptoms
- Shortness of Breath
- Homebound with Agoraphobia
- Headache Symptoms and Migraines
- Depersonalization and Derealization
- Negative Thinking
Causes of Panic Disorder
The causes of panic disorder are somewhat complex. These causes are believed to have psychological, environmental and genetic influences.
Diagnosing Panic Disorder
Do you wonder how panic disorder is diagnosed? Here you will find information about the diagnostic criteria your healthcare provider uses to make a diagnosis of panic disorder.
- What You Should Know About the Diagnosis of Panic Disorder
- Could You Have Been Misdiagnosed?
- Proposed Changes in Diagnostic Criteria for Panic Disorder
- Issues with Diagnosis
Panic disorder may exist with other psychological or physical conditions. Here you will learn about some conditions that may occur with panic disorder.
- The Most Common Related and Co-Occurring Conditions
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Bipolar Disorder