Complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) is a term used to describe unconventional practices that are used to promote health and wellness. CAM practices have grown in popularity in recent years as a way to treat a variety of medical and mental health conditions. CAM is often used to treat anxiety and stress. In some cases, they may help with the management of the symptoms of panic disorder. Although they are not as heavily researched as more traditional treatment options, such as medication and therapy, CAM techniques may have some promising results.
Find out more about how these CAM practices can help with the treatment of panic disorder:
- Acupuncture for Panic Disorder: This technique involves the use of needles to unblock energy pathways that may be contributing to anxiety symptoms.
- Aromatherapy for Panic Disorder: Aromatherapy utilizes essential oils to promote wellbeing. Certain scents and oil blends are thought to help relieve stress and enhance mood.
- Breathing Exercises: Deep breathing is often the foundation for many CAM practices. These exercises are easy to learn and can help you to quickly unwind and relax.
- Mindfulness Meditation: Mindfulness is the act of being aware of your thoughts without reacting to them. This skill can help you overcome negative thinking and worry. Try a mindfulness exercise to and start feeling inner peace through meditation.
- Massage Therapy: A massage therapist can work through your different muscle groups for a relaxing and anxiety-reducing experience.